Here’s a spooky (true) NH tale to carry you over from Halloween to Election Tuesday…:
DOWNLOADS: PDF Printable (8.5″x11″, 2 pages) >> | PDF Printable Poster (11″x17″) >>
Drawn Halloween 2014 to celebrate NHCLU‘s filing on behalf of Mr. Langlois & al. …
If I’ve learned one thing from my studies of banned comics, it’s this:
Whenever someone tries to BAN an image or artwork or political speech,
it’s worth taking a look at it and deciding for yourself its value to society.
- NH RSA / TITLE LXIII ELECTIONS / CHAPTER 659 / ELECTION PROCEDURE / Prohibited Acts / Section 659:35 >>
- WSJ: “New Hampshire Law Banning Ballots on Facebook Draws a Legal Challenge” (31 Oct. 2014) >>
- Background via UnionLeader.com: “NH law prohibits displaying votes on social media” (20 Sept. 2014) >>
- Mr. Langlois’ offending document:
- NH Rep. Rideout’s illegal ballot photo (September 2014):
- … with more such violations to come…?
- On the other hand, it’s all legal in The Netherlands…
- The UK is another story. >>
Ballot selfie laws, state by state… >>
- And yes, perhaps that IS a reference to EC‘s beloved “Tales from the Crypt“…!
Leave a Reply