Let’s collaborate to create original comics about YOUR community!
How YOUR historical society can help:
- Suggest local stories that would make interesting comics, and will teach new readers about our state’s history. We’re looking especially for these kinds of stories:
- beloved by the locals!
- unknown to the locals!
- rich in colorful characters & events
- representative of an upcoming anniversary or milestone
(Example: Civil War)
- particularly evocative of an era, topic, or theme
- particularly appropriate for addressing state educational standards
- Help us connect your archives & materials with young artists at your local school/library/other org…!
- Provide a home base for a single- or multi-day cartooning residency, where LiveFreeAndDraw.com visits your museum, library, school, or other site to research stories & draw comics about your community.
(Example: A visit to a New London library led to the discovery of the Trussel roadside marker…)
- Ways to share LiveFreeAndDraw.com & our mini-comics with your neighbors — through inclusion in your newsletter, email updates, website, social media, etc.
Use our CONTACT page to set up a planning meeting >>